The summer heat is no joking matter, especially if you have oily skin. If not properly managed, it’s easy to walk around looking like a grease ball with foundation sliding down your face. The summer elements also call for skin protection, therefore using foundation with SPF is a must! My top 3 must haves are:
1. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Setting Spray
2. NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
3. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
UD Setting Spray:
- Great for oil prone skin
- Lasts all day
- Not touch ups needed
- Conveniently found at Sephora and Ulta
Check out my review on the setting spray vs the popular Urban Decay All Nighter here.
NARS Tinted Moisturizer:
- SPF 30
- Medium coverage, EASILY buildable, no need to color correct
- Gives even coverage, no streaks!
- lightweight formula
- Keeps oils under control and pores to a minimum
- Doesn’t settle in fine lines or clog pores
- Plastic packaging is ideal for travel
- $44 a bottle- a bit steep but can be justified for SPF & full coverage
- Available only at Sephora- if you don’t have one in your area, shop here or here
- Only comes in 12 shades
Too Faced Mascara:
- Waterproof- lasts all day long
- Great lash extension with just 2 coats- no need for falsies
- Gives lower lash major volume; able togged rid of lash primer
- significant amount of product- larger tube that most mascaras
- Available at Sephora and Ulta
- Difficult to take off if you don’t have Mascara Melt Off by Too Faced
Tips for vibrant skin:
- Stay hydrated, drink lots of water!
- Indulge in fruits and veggies
- Moisturize skin daily
- Use sunscreen religiously (and continue to reapply!)
- Protect yourself from the elements – hats, sunglasses, umbrellas, etc.
- Use lip balm with SPF
- Exfoliate! Not only does it prevent breakouts and rid of dead skin, it helps oil-control products work more effectively
Now that you’re familiar with the basics, you can effortlessly enjoy summer the way you were meant to! These 3 dynamic products allow you the flexibility, ease and comfort to go about your day without fear of being oily. If you haven’t already, invest in translucent powder to set concealer and/or liquid foundation, for extra oil control. It’s a small step that makes a world of difference! Pack your bags ladies – beaches, boats and , BBQ’s await!