Healthcare equipment transportation is a serious matter, frequently involving multi-million-pound equipment and machinery, normally on a strict deadline and with high expectations. By no means a small feat, and a worthy challenge to complete but, where do you find such a company? To help you with your search, here are some of the key points to consider;
A needle in a haystack
The healthcare logistics market is massive, with a plethora of options to match, this is fantastic news for consumers because, as we all know, competition breeds competitive services and pricing. If you require such a service, you should consider contacting one of the market leaders in healthcare logistics. To learn more about the services on offer you could consider contacting Rhenus High Tech, one of the top providers of healthcare logistics as well as a host of other specialist business sectors such as IT.
White gloves services is a reasonably new term applied to the specialist type of care needed and provided by the logistic leaders, when using buying into this type of service you can be sure that your goods will be in safe hands wherever they be headed.
When you visit a company’s website, you may also come across the term ‘last mile services’ which refers to the final stage of your equipment’s journey, typically from a logistics depot to your chosen destination. In terms of care, both meet the same standards.
With such a diverse array of providers to choose from here is a check list to help you make your choice.
- Operating areas – First and foremost, determine which areas the company operates in. Some operate only locally, while others operate on a global scale. This could save you time before starting a conversation.
- Areas of expertise – Some providers are referred to as “general practitioners,” which is fine, but they do not appear to specialize in any particular field. When it comes to healthcare equipment, you really need a specialist, a team of experts who have previous experience with your type of equipment and needs.
- Service level – Some businesses, for example, provide additional services (uninstalling upon pick up and re-installing your equipment after delivery.) You’ll have one less thing to worry about.
- White Gloves Service – When dealing with delicate or highly valuable goods, white glove services/last mile services are a must. When you see these terms, you can be confident that you will receive a premium service with the utmost care and attention.
- Certifications – Check for accreditations to ensure that the company you are considering is qualified in the specialty area you require. For example, if you are purchasing healthcare equipment, you may want to ensure that the company is registered to work with X-ray machines.
With such a large responsibility your shoulders, it is critical that you select a company with a proven track record, qualifications to match, and testimonials that they are happy for you to follow up on. Most importantly, you will want to find a company that does exactly what they say they will do and treats your equipment with care.