There are many ways to keep fit and healthy, some people enjoy going to the gym, while others prefer to participate in outdoor activities like football or running. Jogging or running is a popular hobby amongst exercise enthusiasts as it can be done anywhere, and it does not require any expensive equipment. Regular running or jogging has numerous health benefits, here are the top 4.
Before we list the benefits of running, it is important to highlight what equipment you need to get started.
- Waist Bag – You will need something to hold all your valuables such as your smartphone, water bottle, car keys, and more. You can purchase a quality adjustable waist bag at decathlon.co.th/th/p/8504723_adjustable-running-belt-for-any-size-of-smartphone-and-keys-navy-blue.html. This product is perfect for anyone who enjoys outdoor walks, jogging, or running.
- Running Shoes – If you plan on taking up running, you must invest in comfortable running shoes. They will provide protection and support while you exercise.
- Clothing – It is important to wear loose fitted clothing – cotton is usually best – when you run. It also makes sense to invest in reflective gear. A hat should also be worn accompanied by running glasses.
- Other Accessories – Having a digital watch is useful for timing your sessions and some runners prefer to exercise with music, so earphones are a good investment.
Now you know what items you need to go running, let us take a look at the health benefits regular running brings.
- Increases Your Lifespan
Countless health professionals have said that “If exercise were a pill, it would be the most popular pill in the world.” The reason for this is simple, running regularly adds years to your life. Some studies suggest that runners add 3 to 5 years to their lives. The reason for this is that it helps to fight stress, lowers cholesterol, improves cardiovascular functioning, and regulates hormones.
- Boosts Your Immune System
There are many ways to boost your immune system and exercise is one of them. Even modest exercise can dramatically improve immunity. Running is a great way to stay fit and healthy as it trains your body to better detect the presence of disease. It also lowers inflammation and enhances gut microbiota composition.
- Improves Sleep Patterns
Running, jogging or walking regularly has numerous health benefits, another one of them being better sleep patterns.
Sleep has been under the spotlight for many years now as we all know the importance of a good night’s sleep. But getting a good night’s sleep can be difficult. Exercise has been proven to help you sleep faster and improve your sleep quality.
- Improves Mental Health
Aside from improving your fitness, running is great for your mental health. It is an effective treatment for mental disorders, especially depression.
In addition to the 4 points mentioned above, running has several other health benefits, some of which include – lower risk of diabetes, glucose regulation, lower blood pressure, stronger bones, better cognitive functioning. Once you start running, your body and mind will reap the rewards.