The third annual Life is Beautiful Music & Art Festival wrapped up an epic 3-day weekend in Downtown Las Vegas. More than 90,000 people took over the streets eager to catch headlining performances by legendary musicians Stevie Wonder and Duran Duran, Billboard chart-toppers Imagine Dragons and Hozier, hip-hop heavyweights Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dogg, dance music artists Major Lazer, Kygo, Porter Robinson and many more who hit the four outdoor stages throughout the one-of-a-kind weekend.
The best in music, art, culinary and learning came together to kick-off the fall festival season with each component owning more than 18 square blocks of Downtown, the largest land-space the festival has owned in its three years. Spotted during the weekend were young Hollywood favorites Vanessa Hudgens, Emily Osment, Emmanuelle Chriqui and first time speakers at the Learning Series Kat Graham and Rosario Dawson who were seen roaming the festival grounds.
RECAP VIDEO FROM LIPSTICKNCURLS >>>
Highlights included below:
Day One – Friday, September 25:
- The opening night was led by non-other than R&B star Stevie Wonder, who serenated the crowd at the main Downtown Stage performing his top hits including, “Isn’t She Lovely,” and “Superstition”
- The interactive art installation welcomed murals painted by international street artists D*face and also featured Banksy’s New York delivery truck, which made its Las Vegas debut at the festival
- Food Network’s own pastry chef, Duff Goldman participated in the culinary demonstrations offering festivalgoers tip and tricks to his craft
- Bill Nye the Science Guy joined electronic house DJ, Discovery Project, on the Troubadour Stage, the debut tent at this year’s festival
Day Two – Saturday, September 26:
- The city’s own hometown heroes, Imagine Dragons, wrapped an electrifying performance in front of thousands of screaming fans
- Actor and Director, Justin Baldoni surprised a young girl on stage named Claire Wineland, who is diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, by gifting 15 minutes of his speaking time to allow her to deliver an inspirational speech. It has been Claire’s dream to be a public speaker.
- Noted French chef, Hubert Keller offered a full culinary demonstration of his ultimate Fleur hamburger
Day Three – Sunday, September 27:
- The Killers reunited with Brandon Flowers on the main stage
- Emerging new artist, Halsey jumped off stage in the middle of her performance to give one lucky fan her first kiss
- Vampire Diaries actress, Kat Graham performed her new album at The Downtown Container Park
- Actress Rosario Dawson spoke on stage in front of a crowded room about life challenges and obstacles at the Learning Series
- Weezer collaborated with fellow Life is Beautiful performers Best Coast during their set .
- Kendrick Lamar closed out the 3-day festival with crowds chanted his name
Photo Credit: Erik Kabik and Jeff Kravitz
Thank you to LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL FESTIVAL!