The day that majority of people either enjoy or dread is around the corner and Essence has mapped out the 9 guys women should avoid saying yes to for their Valentines date.
1. Mr. TINDER Loving : Every friend you show his Tinder profile to has the same response: “I matched with that guy!” He’s a serial dater with no shame and romance couldn’t be farther from his mind. Why It’s Not Worth It: While this guy will be down to make V-day plans with you, chances are he may have double booked.
2.MR. SOCIAL FLOW : This guy lives his entire life through the lens of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram This guy lives his entire life through the lens of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He’s so busy making sure he doesn’t miss a beat, he’s actually missing everything real happening around him, Why It’s Not Worth It: Do you really want to spend Valentine’s Day staring at the top of his head because he only has eyes for his phone?
3.MR. TEXTS ONLY : This guy only knows one way to communicate, and it’s via text message and he even has the audacity to return your phone call with a text. Why It’s Not Worth It: Great conversation is an essential ingredient for creating a romantic evening for two.
4.MR. NETLFIX AND CHILL : Whenever this guy suggests you get together, he never seems to have plans to leave the house. You suggest dinner; he votes for takeout. You want to hit the theaters; he pulls up his Netflix queue. You make reservations; he says he wants to “save money this weekend.” Sigh….Does this dude ever leave his house? Why It’s Not Worth It: You want a memorable evening out on the town for two and he lacks the creativity to break his usual routine.
5. THE OVER-SHARER : You know every move this guy makes because it’s on Instagram just moments later. He craves double taps and maintaining his social feeds is his part time job. Why It’s Not Worth It: Do you really want to spend the evening helping him stage when picture-perfect Valentine’s Day dinner moment after another?
6. MR. “VALENTINE’S DAY IS NOT A HOLIDAY” : if you’re feeling festive, he’s not your guy. He’s anti-holidays, believes V-day is “commercialized” and would rather skip the whole scene. Why It’s Not Worth It: He has a right to his opinions, but girl you know you don’t agree.
7. YOUR EX : Whatever the reason, your relationship is no more. While it’s been over for some time, your both still holding on just a tad bit tighter than you should be.Why It’s Not Worth It: The best way to heal a broken heart is to mend it and move forward.
8. THE DIGITAL STRANGER : This guy could be anyone, because you haven’t met him yet. Although you’ve chatted digitally once or twice, you have yet to even verify that he is who he says he is. Why It’s Not Worth It: This one’s easy. Blind dates have a tendency to lean more toward the unexpected.
9. YOUR PLATONIC CRUSH : He’s fun, reliable and he gets you, When you’re in each other’s company, good times will follow. The problem: You have feelings for him, but no matter how hard you search for it, the chemistry between you is non-existent. Why It’s Not Worth It: If you crave a romantic thrill for the evening, you know in your heart he’s not the one who can provide it for you.
Full Gallery on : Essence.com